Our Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
experts specialise in technology and communications systems that
improve public and private transport delivery and customer
We also help transport operators to better
monitor, control and manage their road, bus and rail networks.
ITS provides real time monitoring and control
and information of the transport network to improve journey time
reliability, reduce accidents, congestion, environmental impact and
improve revenue generation and user information.
Our research, feasibility, design,
specification and implementation services cover:
- Active Traffic Management (ATM)
- Managed Motorway Systems
- Ramp Metering (Demand Management)
- Road User Charging & Tolling Systems
- Motorway & Trunk Road Communications Systems
- Car Park Management
- Tunnel Control and Monitoring
- Real Time Passenger Information
- Emergency Vehicle and Bus Priority Systems
- Road Traffic Signals
- Highway & Architectural Lighting
- PFI services
- Enforcement and Compliance Systems
- Control Centres
- Traffic Monitoring and Control Systems
- Telecommunication systems
Capita Symonds is a founder member of the
Séligere consortium providing research, design and technical
consultancy services to the Highways Agency, Department for
Transport and other public sector bodies.
In May 2009, Capita Symonds acquired MMB Associates, enhancing
our ITS expertise.