17 February 2010
Capita Symonds is a Gold Sponsor of BSEC 10 – the main
annual conference and exhibition in the school design sector – at
London Excel from 24-25 February.
The sponsorship – alongside Laing O’Rourke, Gardiner &
Theobold, The Concrete Centre and Wolseley, and Platinum Sponsors
Skanska and BAM – is a key element in maintaining our profile in
the education sector.
BSEC is the only event in Britain that caters for all those
involved in school building projects such as architects, teachers,
builders, ICT specialists, Local Authority heads and
sub-contractors. It also happens to be the fastest growing event in
the UK, with visitor numbers up 300% in 2009.
As Gold Sponsor Capita Symonds has prominent branding on all
event publicity including supporting advertising in the Event Guide
and a corresponding supplement in The Independent. Our 30sqm
exhibition stand will act as a strong ‘signpost’ for our presence
and we are also hosting two tables at the sold-out BSEC Gala Dinner
on 24 February.
Susan Witterick from Capita Symonds’ Acoustics
team will be speaking on Wednesday 24 February at 1540 regarding
'Co-located services, SENs, and external spaces'.
Other keynote speakers include:
- Professor Stephen Heppell, heppell.net
- Lord Puttnam, film producer and education philanthropist
- Tim Byles, chief executive, Partnerships for Schools
- Anna Fazackerley, head of education & arts & culture
units, Policy Exchange
- Sir Bruce Liddington, former Schools Commissioner for England
and director general, EACT
- Barry Sheerman MP, chairman of the children, schools and
families select committee
- Steve Moss, strategic director (ICT), Partnerships for
- Nina Woodcock, head of capital building progammes, Becta
- Charles Parker, academies advisor, Partnerships for
- Baroness Morris of Yardley, former Secretary of State for
- Malcolm Trobe, policy director, Association of School and
- Stephen Breslin, chief executive, futurelab.
Capita Symonds’ new Academies brochure and our
Education brochure are available to download: