Half day course (Morning)
Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012: If you have
responsibility for the repair and maintenance of premises you will
need to know how to comply with the Duty to Manage Asbestos.
The Asbestos Awareness half-day provides the
mandatory requirement for awareness training, including use of
asbestos, relevant legislation, together with an explanation of
associated risks and dealing with emergencies.
Who should attend?
- Somone who has responsibility for the repair and maintenance
- Construction and maintenance operatives
- Building contractors
- Property managers
- Facility managers
- Provide compliance with the mandatory requirement for awareness
- Provide the background and basic knowledge of the risks
associated with asbestos fibres.
- Enable delegates to progress onto the subjects of asbestos
management, asbestos risk control and working with asbestos if
- What is asbestos – where does it come from?
- What was asbestos used for?
- Where might you find asbestos?
- Avoid disturbing asbestos
- How does asbestos harm health?
- Legislative controls – from the 1930’s to now
- Who is at risk?
- Case Study
- How to deal with emergencies
All prices exclude VAT
How to book
To book open courses:
This course takes places in the morning. We
also run the Asbestos
Management course on the same day, in the
In house training
To run this course in house, contact us or fill out our
in house training enquiry